Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Summer Glow

Hey Everyone! So here in LA it has been really hot this week and that means that  summer is almost here. Since the weather is starting to heat up, its time to bust out the bronzer and create that bronzy glow!! I thought I'd share with you all this super easy and pretty make up look. The look that I was going for was inspired by Kim Kardashian from the 2011 People's Choice Awards.


I think this is the perfect summer look. She has golden lids, with dark dramatic lashes. She has a pinky/peach blush with peachy/gold lips.  





How to achieve this look:
FACE:
  • I started off with a moisturizer and then used my Olay Covergirl concealer (I forgot to put this in the picture, but it's in my Feb. Favorites post) under my eyes, on my lids as a primer and around my nostrils since they tend to get red.
  • I used a Kabuki brush to apply MAC Sudio Fix
  • For blush, I mixed MAC blush in  Well dressed and Tenderling (I'm almost completely out :( as you can see in the picture) and applied on to the apples of my cheeks.
  • To get that golden glow, I applied MAC Translucent Powder in Golden Bronz. I applied it just above my cheek bones and down the center of my nose.
EYES:
  • I filled my eyebrows in with MAC Omega Eyeshadow and then used Maybelline Clear mascara to hold them in place (I forgot to put these in the picture too : / Sorry!!!! ) 
  • I packed on Stilla Eyeshadow in Oasis on my lid . For the crease I used a blending brush to apply Rimmel eyeshadow in Spicy bronze, I also used a pencil brush to bring this color along my lower lash line. 
  • Next I lined my upper eye lid with L'oreal Telescopic liquid eyeliner in carbon black . I used Urban decay 24/7 black eyeliner in Zero to line my water line.
  • I used L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara ( Also forgot to put this in the picture...but its featured in Feb. Favorites post  ) I used about 3 coats to get super dark dramatic lashes.
LIPS:
  • I lined my lips in Rimmel lip liner in addiction. I then applied MAC lipstick in HighTea. Lastly I applied MAC lipglass in YoungThing just in the center of my lips for shine.
Hope you guys liked this post!!! See you next time!!!
xo

2 comments:

  1. Cute! :)

    <333,
    http://lovetheegoddess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those your real lashes? They're so long and full and pretty! :)

    ~ Beatrice @ Cosmeticconvulsion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete